TCM Acupuncture is a Chinese medical clinic owned and operated by Susanna Ho, M.S., L.Ac., C.SMA, OTR, CHT. Susanna is licensed as an Acupuncturist, Herbalist, and Occupational Therapist in the state of New Jersey and New York. Susanna earned her degree in Occupational Therapy from the Texas Woman’s University in the 1979 and then furthered her career, medical education and expertise by becoming a certified Hand Therapist. After working at various institutions including the prestigious Hospital for Joint Diseases and Orthopedic Institute in NYC, Susanna opted to try private practice in her home town of Wayne, New Jersey where she currently practices both upper extremity rehabilitation as well as Traditional Chinese Medicine including acupuncture and herbal therapies. She pursued yet another specialty by obtaining additional training in sports medicine acupuncture with the internationally renowned acupuncturist Matt Callison, becoming a certified Sports Medicine Acupuncture Specialist in 2011.
Her mission is to assist as many people as possible in their quest for optimal health and to facilitate their road to recovery.
Commonly Treated Conditions Include:
- Disorders of Bones, Muscles, Joints, and Nervous System, such as arthritis, headache, sciatica
- Gynecological Disorders, such as Painful Menstruation, Menopause, Infertility
- Gastrointestinal Disorders, such as IBS, Crohn’s, Nausea, Constipation, Diarrhea
- Respiratory Disorders, such as emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies and bronchitis
- Circulatory Disorders, such as Hypertension, Anemia, Fatigue
- Emotional and Psychological Disorders, such as Insomnia, Weight Loss
- Addictions, such as alcohol, nicotine, drugs
- Supportive Therapy for other Chronic, Painful Disorders & PTSD
- Laser Acupuncture
- AcuGraph Digital Meridian Imaging
- Herbal Medicine
- Hand Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Anticipate things that may grow thorny, while they are still easy to manage, and do things that would become momentous, while they are still insignificant. – Lao Tzu
In Chinese medicine, osteoarthritis is known as “Painful Obstruction Syndrome” or “Bi Syndrome.” The symptoms are described as pain, soreness or numbness of the muscles, tendons, and joints. The symptoms of Painful Obstruction Syndrome are typically more related to the channel than the actual organ system. Causes of osteoarthritis:
• Repetitive movement: Years of repetitive movement through work, sports, and [...] » Continue reading
Laser Acupuncture is a safe, effective, painless method of performing without using needles. Research shows laser stimulation helps to regenerate cells, decrease pain, reduce inflammation, and improve circulation.
Laser light penetrates the skin and deposits energy into the cells. In Acupuncture, laser energy enters the meridian system and is conducted through the meridians. 1991 study showed laser light actually travels [...] » Continue reading